I do love breakfast. I enjoy the ritual of warm coffee with a glug of coconut creamer, first thing. The first hot sip, just creamy enough; two hands wrapped around my mug. It’s not the caffeine, I like decaf just the same, it’s just the ritual. I appreciate that there are less choices food wise, a narrower expectation, so when I make avocado toast with everything bagel seasoning, an over easy egg and fresh tomato for a month straight, I don’t tire of it. Nothing else sounds better, so I’ll take the usual.
Per serving: 309 Calories • 47.4g Carbs (7.2g Fiber) • 11.2g Fat • 11.2g Protein
5 mins to prep – 5 mins to cook
Ingredients scaled to: 1 bowl
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal (40 grams)
- 1 1/6 cup Water (276 grams)
- 1/2 dash Salt (0.20 grams)
- 1 tbsp Peanut butter (16 grams)
- 1/2 medium (7″ to 7-7/8″ long) Banana (59 grams)
- 1/6 cup Reduced fat milk (40.7 grams)
- 1/4 tsp Butter (1.2 grams)
Directions are based on the original recipe of 2 bowl
- Combine the oatmeal, water and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the peanut butter, banana, milk and butter and mix gently. Cook for another minute and serve.