Enjoy Fried Irish Cabbage with Bacon in Your Breakfast..
Per serving: 356 Calories • 7.7g Carbs (3g Fiber) • 32.6g Fat • 8.7g Protein
10 mins to prep – 15 mins to cook
Ingredients scaled to: 1 serving
- 1/6 package (12 oz) Bacon (56.7 grams)
- 2/3 tbsp Bacon fat (10 grams)
- 1/6 head, small (about 4-1/2″ dia) Cabbage (119 grams)
- 1/6 dash Pepper (0.017 grams)
Directions are based on the original recipe of 6 servings
- Cook bacon in a deep skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 1/4 cup drippings in skillet.
- Cook and stir cabbage in hot bacon drippings over medium heat until cabbage wilts, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Crumble bacon over cabbage. Stir and simmer until bacon is warmed, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with black pepper.