WHAT IS A BURRITO BOWL?
A burrito bowl is all of your favorite burrito fillings minus the tortilla. Burrito bowls are typically served over rice, or if you’re looking to cut down on your carbs, you can serve your toppings on a bed of shredded romaine lettuce
Per serving: 392 Calories • 42.1g Carbs (14.5g Fiber) • 10.3g Fat • 36.6g Protein
10 mins to prep – 15 mins to cook
Ingredients scaled to: 1 serving
- 1/4 spray , about 1/3 second Pam cooking spray (0.075 grams)
- 4 oz Chicken breast (113 grams)
- 1/4 fruit, without skin and seed Avocados (34 grams)
- 1 cup shredded Lettuce (47 grams)
- 1/4 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ dia) Green bell pepper (29.8 grams)
- 1/2 medium whole (2-3/5″ dia) Tomatoes (61.5 grams)
- 1/2 can (12 oz) yields Corn (106 grams)
- 5/12 cup Canned black beans (108 grams)
Directions are based on the original recipe of 4 servings
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray. Add chicken to the pan and cook 5-8 minutes per side until cooked through and no longer pink. Let rest 5 minutes before chopping into bite sized pieces; set aside.
- Chop avocado, lettuce, green pepper, and tomao. Toss toget in a bowl with the tomatoes, corn, beans, and chicken. Serve and enjoy!