The inspiration for these breakfast burritos comes from Lake Anne Market, a hidden-gem bodega in my hometown of Reston, VA. From the outside, this place looks like a run-of-the-mill convenience store but in the back, there’s an open kitchen with two lovely ladies churning out authentic Latin American and Tex-Mex specialties. During the warmer months, the market sets up a stand at the nearby farmer’s market. Strolling through the sunny market stalls while feasting on a sausage and egg burrito is a wonderful way to spend the morning.
Per serving: 402 Calories • 33.7g Carbs (3.8g Fiber) • 15g Fat • 31.4g Protein
10 mins to prep – 7 mins to cook
Ingredients scaled to: 1 serving
- 1 tortilla (approx 7-8″ dia) Tortillas (46 grams)
- 2 large Egg (100 grams)
- 3 large Egg white (99 grams)
- 1 leaf outer Lettuce (17 grams)
- 2 tbsp Refried beans (28.9 grams)
- 1 tbsp, shredded Cheddar cheese (7 grams)
- 1/4 cup Salsa (65 grams)
Directions are based on the original recipe of 1 serving
- Lightly coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Place tortilla in the skillet and warm for 30 seconds, then flip and warm the other side for 30 seconds. Place the warmed tortilla on a small plate.
- Whisk the egg and egg whites together. Pour into warmed skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until set.
- While the eggs are cooking, place the lettuce on the tortilla and spread the refried beans over the lettuce leaf. Top the beans with cooked eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, and 2 tablespoons of salsa.
- Roll it up and serve with remaining salsa. Enjoy!